Media & Entertainment
Media and entertainment industry has dramatically evolved over the period of time and continues to evolve, requiring increased focus on technology and sophisticated expertise in complex transactions. Novel developments in e-business, technology, globalization, consolidation and multimedia convergence has changed the work of media and information companies to a great extent.
Our legal experience in this sector has proven invaluable in helping clients to structure and execute transactions. We maintain good relations with various broadcast, cable, entertainment companies; newspaper publishers; and business information service providers.
Key highlights :
- Advising on broadcasting & distribution regulations for adherence to programming & advertising code, uplink & down-linking guidelines, DTH License, TRAI interconnect regulations for cable & satellite distribution including issues on bundling, pricing, commercial subscription.
- Advising on the regulatory framework relating to cable (CAS & Non-CAS networks), DTH, IPTV and Next Generation Networks.
- Tracking compliance requirements under MIB circulars, uplink & down-linking guidelines, TRAI interconnect regulations, Register of interconnect Agreements.
- Preparing responses to the Parliamentary Bills, consultation papers, formulating point of view on regulatory issues, preparing representations.
- Representing the Organization before the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, for legal and regulatory matters.
- Advising the management on initiatives and options, on legal & regulatory issues impacting the interests of the business.
- Advising, reviewing, negotiating, transaction structuring for distribution of channels, bundling, pricing, regulatory compliances.
- Assisting and advising on key legal & regulatory issues impacting the business, and making suggestions on the way forward.