Litigation and dispute resolution
We are one of the foremost litigation practices in India. We offer advice, counsel and litigation/dispute resolution support in various fora in India and abroad. We regularly advise companies on International Arbitrations across the globe in institutions like AAA, LCIA and ICC. Our uniqueness lies in case specific in-house research, drafting ability and appearing before various Courts, tribunals and Commissions. We focus on result oriented strategy and options from which the client could choose.
Our team of lawyers appear regularly before the Supreme Court of India, various High Courts, Electricity Tribunal, Telecom Regulator, and various State Commissions, Company Law Board, etc. regarding constitutional matters, arbitration related litigation and the likes. We also represent our clients before the Competition Commission of India for various competition law related matters.
Key highlights :
- Acting as counsel for former employees implicated for leaking confidential data, where the approximate claim is of Rs.10.4 Billion.
- Acting as advisor to a leading corporate company against mis-management by its CEO.
- Acting as advisors and counsel for various companies issues involving financial and securities scam of about Rs. 7,000 crores (approx.US$ 2.5 billion).
- Acting as advisors and counsels for various Banks and other financial institutes for securitization, recovering / restructuring of debts.
- Acting as advisors and counsel for a credit institution involving the challenge to the Constitutionality of the Central statute under which such entities are organised.
- Acting as advisors and counsel on issues concerning tariff for conventional, wind and hydel generated power purchase.
- Appeared for issues concerning Additional Supply Charge, for various contentious issues arising from Power Purchase Agreements (PPA’s) of thermal power plants, cogeneration plants, hydro plants and captive plant.
- Acting as advisors and counsels for leading FMCG companies on issues concerning distributorships, competition law aspects, food laws, weights and measures, corporate governance and the likes.
- Acting as advisors and counsel for various property issues concerning tenancy, illegal possession of land, heirship, and property re/development.
- Advisor to one of India’s largest watch manufacturers.
- Advised one of the largest pharmaceutical MNC for their international arbitration matter before the American Arbitration Association.
- Appearing before various Arbitral tribunals in real estate matters, power projects, construction contracts, securities, commercial cause, commercial recoveries involving billions of Rupees.
- Acting as advisors and counsel for various automobile companies involving tenancy, commercial cause issues.
- Acting as advisors and counsel for various electronic manufacturers issues involving services in consumer matters.
- Appeared for one of the largest container terminal in India for their issues concerning their status as an Export Oriented Unit.
- Acting as counsel for a state sponsored AIDS NGO for its illegal closing down which affects AIDS patients all over the country.
- Appearing as counsel in a Public Interest Litigation concerning types of engines for public transport and environmental impact thereof.
- Appearing as counsel in various Company Petitions.