Our experienced corporate and commercial law team provides a wide spectrum of services to cater to globalized business needs. In addition to traditional regulatory work, we advise clients from all industry segments on strategic issues and legislative developments. We assist our clients in due diligence, structuring transactions, structuring mergers, implementing them practically, assisting clients in negotiating documents and the likes.
Inter alia provide services in the areas of:
- Private equity;
- Joint ventures;
- Business start-ups;
- Corporate governance;
- Company formation and administration;
- IPOs, secondary offerings and other stock exchange transactions
Foreign Investment and Exchange Regulations
Foreign investment in Indian is primarily covered under the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 (“FEMA”) the Regulations/Notifications under FEMA are made from time to time. All Regulations under FEMA are issued by the Central Bank of the country being the Reserve Bank of India (“RBI”).
Foreign Direct Investment (“FDI”) Policy issued by the Government of India is covered in FEMA. The FDI Policy is periodically reviewed and modified. Changes in sectoral policy/sectoral equity cap are notified through Press Notes by the Secretariat for Industrial Assistance (“SIA“), Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (“DIPP“), Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
Key highlights :
- Advising leading companies for their issues relating to write back of royalties.
- Advising various established companies as well as start ups for their Private Equity, Corporate Finance and Corporate Issues
- Acting as legal advisor to a team of professionals to set up a television channel in India. Also advising on structuring of the up-linking and taxation.
- Advising a group of architects to set up a non-governmental organisation for providing services to town planners.
- Conducting post acquisition legal due diligence for a FMCG company. Also acting as their legal advisor & counsel for various arbitrations.
- Acting as legal counsels and advisors for leading hotels in their matters before the Company Law Board.
- Drafted an Erection Procurement Commissioning Contract and finalized agreements for a proposed Power Project of 800 MW capacity. Project value approximately US$ 800 million.
- Advising a European Company on setting up a plant for bottling of mineral water
- In film placement agreements, joint ventures, advertising strategies
- Advising a company for setting up a power plant in India.
- Advising on a 700 MW green field thermal power project
- Advising on various hydel power projects
- Acted for one of the largest container terminal in India for their issues concerning their status as an Export Oriented Unit.