Energy Law – Oil and Gas – Petroleum
We are one of the very few Firm’s who posses expertise in the upstream, midstream as well as the downstream segment of the Oil & Gas business.
We have expertise in drafting, negotiating and finalizing crude oil/gas supply/sale/purchase agreements, block(s) assignment agreement, Joint Operating Agreements (JOA). We have advised on issues pertaining to ONGC carry issues and advances and deposits, customs formalities relating to essentiality certificates, advice on coal bed methane industry, city gas pipe projects, petroleum exploration and mining license, change of operatorship in case of assignment, documents relating to affiliate relationships between assignor and assignee, creation of charge on petroleum assets, issues pertaining to transfer pricing, import parity and price issues etc.
Our bid advisory assistance includes services ranging from evaluating the bid to preparing the bid documents, evaluating structuring options, tax due diligence, post deal integration and exit strategies. Along with legal expertise on various Oil and Gas projects, we also possess in house technical experts that understand the intricacies and intermingled tecno legal issues.
We are, amongst some others, advising a well known Petroleum exploration MNC on their issues pertaining to production sharing contracts, participatory interests, bank guarantee and budgetary issues concerning one of their main blocks. All aspects of electricity laws: EPC, tariff, policy, generation and transmission.
Key highlights of our previous experience and assignments are:
- Acting as advisors and counsels in matter where the issues are concerning tariff for wind generated power purchase.
- Advise on issues pertaining to upstream exploration aspects in India.
- Advised on issues arising from PPAs of cogeneration plants, hydro plants and captive plants
- Advised a company for PSC for one of their oil blocks in India.
- Advising a few PSU’s on their E&P transactions.
- Advised and acted for a State Utility for their issues concerning Regulatory Liability Charges in the year over year tariff where the amount involved was approximately Rs. 3,500 Crores.
- Advised a State Electricity Company on their private placement of Rs. 781 Million for their expansion plans.
- Advised on NELP bids.
- Advised Utilities on tariff and policy matters.
- Appeared for issues concerning Additional Supply Charge, for various contentious issues arising from their PPAs of cogeneration plants, hydro plants and captive plant.
- Represented clients in their tariff and policy issues;
- Acted as counsel for the Additional Supply Charge issues before MERC and APTEL.
- Advising an energy company for setting up their solar power plant in India.
- Advising an energy company in North East for expansion of thermal power plant to 600 MW generation capacity on issues like bid documentation, negotiation during bid process, regulatory advisory and joint venture transaction with the State Electricity Board.
- Advising a Utility for their upcoming power project of approximately 700 MW on structuring the transaction and the project, procurement of Fuel, EPC, Regulatory approvals, tariff fixation etc.
- Advising a company setting up a hydro power plant in Uttarakhand.
- Acted for MNC E&P company for their E&P development plan issues